Whoa...
Looking at the prayer room tonight, I was struck by what God is doing in our hearts. This movement wouldn't be possible without Him (for a lot of reasons.), and my heart ached with what this means for our campus and our world. On these walls, we read volumes of what is written on the hearts of those before us, and there's always something new to explore. Someone could spend whole days just going around the room, delving into the deepest, most personal needs that people have. I love it.
Lately, my problems have been following me around like mosquitoes, buzzing and stinging at all the wrong times, but when I came in tonight, they left at the door. They didn't try to come inside. Instead, God met me first. Well, actually, a girl I'd never met before was here, but God showed me through. For the first time in months, I've managed to have a lovely chat with God sans all the baggage that I normally pack. Sitting, looking at the cross, I felt completely serene. Nothing made my heart jump with anxiety or fear. I was utterly, unabashedly myself. I could say things out loud that normally make my tongue freeze, and I prayed that God would keep me like this every day. To thine own self be true. Sorry to end on a cliche.
Viva la Revolution.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home