Unexplainable Love of God
So for the last few months I have felt dead inside, distant from God, as most of us have said we were feeling. Then there was the night at winter conference that brought everyone back to life. I however had a different experience that night then most it seemed. I felt the spirit of God moving and I new that this was the beginning of something big, but instead of bringing me back to life and setting my heart on fire, like it seemed was happening with everyone around me, God instead gave me a vision. I won't go into what that vision was right now, that isn't the point. The point is that the vision left me quite unsettled, and after the electrifying service that night, God told me that everyone walks through the desert sometime, and that I still had more to go before I found the end. Needless to say this made me rather upset. I was jealous of everyone else who had been set on fire that night. Then over that past few weeks when the prayer room started up again I came a few times, inconsistently and spontaneously. It wasn't until this week that I actually started coming at a consistent time. But as I started coming consistently God instantly began moving. I began to feel the clouds being blown away and began to feel God's presence in my life again. I began to feel his love. And I began to worship. And as I did I felt constantly drawn to the guitar in the corner. I have tried several times over the past ten years to teach myself how to play the guitar and every time has ended in distinct failure, but I couldn't help but pick it up anyway. I pulled out a few worship song that I still had the sheets for and began looking through them. I didn't know any of the cords and I couldn't remember how the strumming went. Then I found a song that randomly had the cord fingering written on it, and so I began trying to play it. Now three days later I have been coming and playing the guitar as part of my time here in the prayer room and out of no where I now have about five different worship songs that I can play on the guitar. I know it sounds random but I know that it is the presence of God and not my own musical knowledge or skill at work in that and it makes me really really really really happy. I just had to share.
Jason
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home