24-7 Prayer for Universities of the Palouse

Saturday, March 08, 2008

Spread Eagle

I've been reading the blogs, and I was so full of joy and peace that I just turned off the music and sat down to be in the presence of God. At first I sat in a more or less kneeling position at the foot of the cross, but after a moment I flopped over spread eagle.

To me, spread eagle is the ultimate position of surrender- which probably seems a tad odd to some people. But Spread eagle means I am on my back, and opened up completely- nothing is covering my chest or my shorts regions- everything is laid out, the ultimate vulnerability. and I can do it now. I can now with joy lay spread eagle before my God, my Lord, my Savior, my Love.

It may not sound like much, but it is, for me it is. Two years ago, the first prayer room I ever participated in, I felt the call to let go of fear, and lie spread eagle before my God. I was alone in a room with no windows, and at least half an hour before any expected intrusion, alone, completely alone with God in a safe and holy place, and I could not do it. I could not hold that position for more than a minute, and that minute was an intense ache, almost a physical pain, a panic.

Just now when I laid down spread eagle, I felt nothing but peace and joy, and I thought of how far God has brought me, and how much He has healed me.
Praise the Lord, my God, my Love, my HEALER who has healed me more in two years that I dared to dream for my entire life.

Praise God!

-Sarah M.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home