24-7 Prayer for Universities of the Palouse

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Remembering

I am in utter awe. We drove down from Cheney tonight to hear from God. As I was driving I thought we were absolutely crazy to drive three hours round trip to pray for two. But that is nothing compared to what people did when Jesus was teaching. They would walk days, unsure of what they would find. I found myself having that kind of hope. Our trip began with a train blocking our best exit from Cheney. I prayed God would make a straight path for us and bring us swiftly and safely to Moscow. The train stopped and backed up.... 30 seconds later. Later we almost slide off the road when the road was suddenly covered in ice. We prayed and Jesus took the wheel (cheesy but totally happened!!) The enemy doesn't want God's children to pray.

I'm filled with hope in this room. It's a powerful thing to remember the work God has already done in our lives. Recently I've been challenged to have a prayer life of praise. Instead of making my requests I stop to think of all the good works He has done. Counter cultural when we're used to the negative news oriented media. If it bleeds, it leads. When we stop to remember where we've been it doesn't seem as impossible for God to answer the prayers we have now.

My prayer now is for God to revive the campus of EWU. Just as I was one of three at UI several years ago, now there are three students from EWU in this room praying. God can do amazing things in 5 years. Pray for us in Cheney. We want to see God honored and glorified on our campus too!

It's a joy to share this room with you! Glory to God!

Audrey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home