A Pink Mechanical Pencil
It is amazing to me the things that Yahweh can use to provoke thought and amazement, including the most banal of objects, such as a pink mechanical pencil.
Every time I come into the prayer room I write a prayer. I was looking for a writing utensil tonight when I came across a pink mechanical pencil. I recall thinking that I once had one just like it. My next thought was that this one probably was mine. The last time the prayer room was set up, I lost a pink mechanical pencil in it.
Now call me sentimental or whatever, but the sight of this old pencil made me reminiscent of the last time that I had used it, right here int the prayer room. I thought about what I might have been praying about and even who that nineteen year old girl was that was writing it.
Because of an ugly pink pencil I am reminded of the true wonder of Him. In some ways I am very much the same person that I was a year and a half ago, but in other ways I am very much different and it is all due to the wonder of God. To have been told then what transpired since probably would have given me a heart attack, the person I was then could never have done the things I have done since and the things I will do.
The glory and the wonder of God is renewed in my understanding due to a pink mechanical pencil. (shaking head and smiling)
Traci
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home