no excuses
Sometimes when I see other people being bold in the faith and going out and telling people about Jesus, I get encouraged because it's awesome that they're doing that, but I just stand and watch. I would love to do that more, but I feel like I need to grow in the faith more myself before I can be qualified to go out and minister to others. Excuses come up like "I've only been a Christian for _____ years (or months or whatever)" or "I don't know enough" or "They're more godly people than I am". Excuses from Satan!
I was just reading in Acts- Saul's conversion to be precise (Acts 9). Now Saul had a pretty nasty history of persecuting Christians. It's crazy enough that he became a Christian himself, but the really crazy part I think, is how quickly he took to ministry. Saul hung around Damascus for three days before this Ananias fellow came and healed him. And then (Acts 9:19-20) 'Saul stayed with the believers in Damascus for a few days. And immediately he began preaching about Jesus in the synagogues, saying "He is indeed the Son of God!"'
Did you see that word? Immediately! He didn't sit around for _____ years working up the "knowledge base" about Christianity or getting a righteous reputation under his belt. He started immediately! He obeyed, and the Spirit went with Him, and the rest my friends, is history (as well as half the new testament!)
So if Saul went from arresting any Christian he could find to preaching about Jesus in a matter of days, then I certainly have no excuse not to get out there and be bold and obey as well.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home