24-7 Prayer for Universities of the Palouse

Monday, March 10, 2008

No Condemnation

My friends, I was reading Romans this morning. I really enjoy the way Paul lays everything out straight.
I read this in chapter eight: "Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death."
Praise God! I don't know about the rest of you, but I struggle daily with myself over my sinful nature. I feel like I have to constantly ask forgiveness from God for the sins I commit. However, what Paul says here is that God no longer sees the sins we commit, but instead sees us as His children.
Does this mean that we should simply stop struggling and continue sinning? Surely not! (as Paul says) We should still seek to follow and emulate Christ, but not let our walk be hindered by guilt and shame.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home