24-7 Prayer for Universities of the Palouse

Saturday, March 15, 2008

It snowed again this morning, so it seems fitting for me to write again...

Last time I was angry at the cold white on my car signifying still more winter instead of hope for spring. I was frustrated with Jesus for making me wait so long for warmth and sunshine. Today instead of anger, I felt peace. I was surprised by the change in my attitude because I am still longing for spring as much as ever. I'm still looking with hope on the weather channel every day just to make sure it is indeed getting steadily warmer outside. I'm still looking longingly at my shorts and t-shirts sitting flatly in my drawer. I can't imagine what could have changed my attitude.

The only way I can make sense of it, is that something about the truth Jesus spoke to me in the midst of my anger at the last snow sunk in to my heart. It's like we built a teeny bit more trust and I can look at the snow and actually really believe that it's part of the preparation for glorious spring.

I've noticed the difference in my prayer room experience too. At first I was so anxious, so worried that Jesus wouldn't show up, or he wouldn't fill the prayer slots, or he wouldn't meet with people, or he wouldn't actually come through for us on campus. Now, after two weeks, I think Jesus and I have built a teeny bit more trust, and though I am still aching for more of him, I actually really believe Jesus has come and is come and will be coming. There is something very peaceful about that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home