it burns
I love fire. I love watching it and playing with it. Tonight's the second time in here that I've burned myself with fire. Stupid candles... ahem. Fire just amazes me. Potentially destructive, but beautiful. And there are an awful lot of fire references concerning God. Watched over Israel- pillar of cloud by day, fire by night. Fire from heaven coming down and destroying wicked nations. Flames of fire in his eyes. Burning bush. Refining fire. All-consuming fire. Burning with passion.
Have you ever sat down in front of a campfire and just sat, staring into the fire for hours? I have. I don't even know where the time goes. I can just lose myself staring at fire because it's so beautiful and it blows my mind. And God is the same way, admittedly at some times more than others. I want to just stare at God and lose my sense of everything else going on around me. I want to be that captivated by Him. And I'm really encouraged, because in this prayer room, by myself, just me and my King, I've been able to be more captivated by Him than ever before. Two hours flies by in a second. I leave hungry for more, and so I don't stop. And it's awesome.
Also, I pray that there would be a veil of refining fire in the doorway of this very prayer room. That whenever anybody comes in, and more so when we leave, we would just be cleansed by holy fire, so that everything that is not of God burns off. That we may be holy and blameless as we go back into "the real world", so that we may bring this world with us out there.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home