24-7 Prayer for Universities of the Palouse

Thursday, March 20, 2008

I want MORE of God!

I always want to be in the prayer room. When I'm here, time simply... stops. At first I was doing one hour, but an hour felt like 10 minutes. Today is my first time praying and just being with God for 2 hours and in 30 minutes, it's about to be 2 hours and it still feels like 10 minutes. Why is this?

It's because I can't get enough.

I want MORE of God.

CS Lewis once said that if I have desires that cannot be filled in this world, it must mean that I was meant to live in another world. And I suddenly think, IT'S HEAVEN! I'm supposed to be in Heaven! That's why I feel so incomplete and that's why I'm never satisfied and that's why I want MORE of God because He IS my Heaven and His LOVE that comes from HEAVEN is the only thing that can TRULY FILL ME!

That's why it fills like 10 minutes...

I want to stay here forever.

Another thing I love about the prayer room is the SILENCE. I feel Him wrap His arms around me in the Silence. Perhaps that's why time feels like it's flying by so fast in the prayer... because the silence is so SWEET! Can you TASTE the silence like I do?! I want more of the silence because out there --- there isn't any. I have my IPOD, my friends, my planner, my mind, always full of worries.

I never get to TASTE the sweetness of SILENCE and in that SILENCE is GOD! And in the end, He IS all we NEED and CRAVE for. When you have that feeling that there HAS TO BE something more than this, it's because GOD is MORE and I want MORE of Him and because God is BIGGER and infinite, it is POSSIBLE and I can't wait until I get to Heaven with Him. I'm so excited to taste this silence with Him... no more worries, no more tears, but to simply JUST BE with Jesus.

The prayer room is so special for me. I am SO thankful for this room and the opportunity for silence, to pray for the campus, the world, and my friends.

CMAC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home