Hallelujah, You make all things new
I've been thinking lately about the promises in the Bible. Jeremiah 29 is my current resident promise.
It's not the end of the world and I'm not on my death bed or anywhere close to it, but I have a fairly dismal future promised me by doctors and my body. But I have a future full of hope and good promised me by God. I grab ahold of that one. Boo-yah.
My constant prayer is that God will give me the strength to keep trusting in His promises, even when I don't see them coming to fruition in the ways and times I want to see. To not give up on Him because He is NOT giving up on me.
A lot of God's promises are promises of restoration.
"Strengthen the weak hands, and make firm the feeble knees. Say to those who have an anxious heart, 'Be strong; fear not! Behold, your God will come with vengeance, with the recompense of god. He will come and save you'. Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf unstopped; then shall the lame man leap like a deer, and the tongue of the mute sing for joy. For waters break forth in the wilderness and streams in the desert." Isaiah 35:3-6
God restores broken bodies and broken hearts.
I'm listening to Misty Edwards now. Hallelujah, hallelujah, You make all things new, all things new.
mmm songs are good :) I think it's funny that a lot of my prayers morph into Beatles songs. Let it be, let it be...
God where we are broken or weary, restore us, make us new. Where we are tarnished. wipe us clean so that we may shine brighter for You. And give us strength to trust in Your promises and remember that You are God and we are not. Let it be, let it be~
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home