"give me undistracted devotion to only You"
I'm reminded tonight of the promises God has for us when we endure to the end. I was reading Psalm 85:6 yesterday; in the chapter, the writer is crying out for God to restore His people. "Will you not revive us again, that your people may rejoice in you?" I am so thankful that God does revive us... but I am tired of getting to that place where I need revival. God promised so much to the Israelites, and told them exactly what they needed to do to be close to Him and receive His blessings; yet their history is a roller coaster of ups and downs, being revived and then falling again. I feel that way sometimes, that my own history with God is a series of pushing Him away just to get closer. Praise Him, that He grows me and doesn't let me get snatched out of my hand... but what if we got off that roller coaster ride, and refused to let ourselves be anything less than wholly devoted to Him?
Hebrews 10
35So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. 36You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised. 37For in just a very little while,
"He who is coming will come and will not delay.
38But my righteous one[f] will live by faith.
And if he shrinks back,
I will not be pleased with him."[g] 39But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who believe and are saved.
I'm tired of shrinking back when I get tired and worn down and scared. I'm praying for this room to be just a catalyst for hearts to be fastened unswervingly on His. And in the greater scheme, I'm praying for hearts across the nation and the world to be radically transformed, so that those who call on His name will know nothing but Jesus Christ and Him crucified.
"Show me a person who will earnestly pray when there's no crisis, and I'll show you a person who will solve the crisis when it comes."
--Bill Johnson
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home