24-7 Prayer for Universities of the Palouse

Saturday, March 08, 2008

Girls, We are the Missing Piece!

This is kinda crazy- I almost never blog, and this is my second in one night!
But I just had to share this.

I started reading "God's Blog" and I have some mixed feelings towards it- the voice is a bit too ditzy for my taste... but that's NOT the point.''

It's talking about creation, and Adam, and Adam and God and their first conversation and it says, "It was great, but the whole time, I knew something was missing. He felt it too."

Then it struck me. Eve! And more than that, me!

Of and on I've struggled with being a woman- often not wanting to be one, often jealous and resentful towards males both for those things I lack- like that extra strength and the ability to get strong so easily- and the extra things I have- like menstrual periods, cramps, and those annoying blobs on my chest that get in the way so much, and mood swings.

But guess what the world was missing? When all of creation was made- the sun, the stars, every animal, every plant, every microscopic organism and spec- and Adam still there was something missing. Me! Womankind!

That blows my mind. I am special, so special, that without me the world is incomplete! Now that is something that me, and all of my gender, can take a holy pride in!

I wasn't an afterthought, I was the missing piece! I just can't get over that.

Another thing- I have always had a deep aching desire for the love of one man, of one very special, godly man. I'm pretty sure I haven't met him yet, but oh how I long for him! I long for his arms around me, for his voice in my ear, the love and pleasure in his eyes when he looks at me, the invigorating conversations, the dancing, the teasing, the praying together... I long for him. And for so long, I've felt almost guilty. No I have felt guilty. After all, God is enough for me, isn't He? And He is! He overwhelmingly is enough for me, and I will praise Him for life-long singleness if that is His plan for me- though my heart aches and cries out in pain at the very thought. But God made the part of me that aches and longs. God made me to be eventually joined to a man, a holy living picture of Christ and His beloved Bride, the Church. Just as Adam, even while he was in perfect communion with God, in a world with no death, no imperfection, still, something was missing, and he was incomplete. Still he longed for something more, though he couldn't say what. So God made Eve, God made womankind, and He made her so wonderful and so beyond Adam's imagination, that to this day Adam's sons are obsessed with the appearance, the form, the mind, of Eve's daughters.

If Adam was in a perfect place, in perfect communion with God, and he still longed for Eve,
it's okay for me, living in a far from perfect world, to long for my 'adam,' and it's not a sign of sinfulness or a bad connection with God. What a freeing thought! I can long for my husband and love him and wait eagerly for him without feeling guilty. In fact, I'm glorifying God when I do so, because He gave me that desire and He made me and He made my husband, wherever he is, to long for me, and He made us such that we would fit together in a beautiful, wonderful way, to praise, understand, know, serve, enjoy and love God and all His gifts even better!

Praise God! Praise Christ Jesus! Praise my Lord, my Love, my Savior, my Bridegroom, who is jealous of any idols in my life but who will one day rejoice when I am joined to my earthly bridegroom!

And girls, women, all of us out there- remember
WE are the missing piece!
Without us, the world is in complete.
Even before the fall, the world was incomplete and imperfect without us! Isn't that amazing!
We are the last creation, the finishing, perfecting touch. We are the pinnacle of creation!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home