24-7 Prayer for Universities of the Palouse

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Fresh eyes to see

I just brought 8 jr. and sr. high students through the prayer room. I challenged all of them to spend at least ten minutes in the room and gave them a couple of ideas to guide their time. I prayed that the Spirit of God would meet them no matter how long their attention span might be. God came through in big ways! One student asked me, "Are we coming back here next week?" When I said no, I encouraged him to sign up for his own shift in the prayer room. The moments that stand out the most to me are the moments these younger students expressed the ridiculous nature of what we're doing with comments like "I'd hate to have your heating bill" or "So, if I come here at 3am there will be someone praying, not asleep?" or "So, if I was homeless, I could just come and sleep here?" which digressed into "Maybe I will come and sleep in."

The room turns the Christian norms for prayer around. We are doing some crazy. God is good but He's not "safe." This room--this month endeavor-- is good but it's not normal or safe. Praise God for the new things He is doing in our midst and in the younger generations in Moscow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home