24-7 Prayer for Universities of the Palouse

Thursday, March 27, 2008

A belated post...

Mar. 25, 2008
I pray for you to bless the UI campus and bring your spirit forth on the campus and help us as Christians to show love so that we may transform our campus as others do the same so that we might avoid any future loss, pain, and conflict. Job 9:1-20-world refuses to realize that they can't get rid of God, can't argue with him and winPsalm 69:1-2-we are ever sinking into our win and will not be able to get out of it on our own and we are nearing a time where we need to cry out to God to have him redeem us.

God:Reach out to others. Don't be afraid to stand up for Christianity when its put down in classrooms. Minister to your fellow students every chance you get.

I just feel that God wants me to challenge all of you to praying the Prayer of Jabez. Its a great little prayer that Bruce Wilkinson found and has written The Breakthrough Series on it. The Prayer is: "Oh, that you would bless me indeed, and enlarge me territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, that I would not cause pain!" from 1 Chronicles 4:10 (part of the verse).I want to challenge you to pray this prayer every day for at least a week-through it God will do amazing things through you when you pray it fullheartedly. Also if you read the breakout series-this gives you so much to think about and apply to your life right now. Its in Christian Book Distributors for a fair price.

God: Spread the Word as I instructed thee to do so. Share my love with others so that I might share mine with you. Add to the multitudes and herd. Step out of comfort zones and help those in need.

Be active in the community (food and clothing bank at the Church of Nazarene in Moscow-always willing to take in volunteers. Put Bible verses on your doors-maybe something like a daily verse. Combine forces with others (i.e. WSU, different churches). When we stand together, that is when we are the strongest. Get active in local churches. Pray for others and even offer to pray for someone when they seem to be having a hard time. Even if you get a weird look or rude comment, we can pray for them because only God can change people's hearts. We need a revival in people's hearts here at the UI. Psalm 71:24-God doesn't always wnat us to do what is convenient for us. Sometimes we need to work around our schedules for Him. Continue to Pray for the campus even after the full month of prayer is up. We always need prayer. The Bible Study I attend has taken on the idea of praying for our campus before we even begin. When we call, God is there for us-we just need to call out.

Could we even maybe try to get some Christian bands up here for a concert on campus-it may be difficult, but why not? We have all these events that promote the UI and all sorts of activities that the UI puts on, but what about promoting Jesus?

Well, that was quite a lot in a short amount of time. I hope you all take what I heard and said to heart or even with a grain of salt. Thanks!God Bless you all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home