words from the blackout
6pm-7pm Sat. 10/21/06
I can't believe this shift is almost over, seems like it was twenty minutes ago that I walked in here and Nathan prayed for me, passing on the torch. Devoting time to God has never really been one of my strong points, never something that I overly enjoyed. God is changing me, the first time I was in here I wrote something on the glass about wanting to find more pleasure in the Lord and His word and also to lose my distractions. When I come in here the hour just flies by and for the most part the only time I have to deal with those pesky distractions is when I'm praying for God to take them from me. I have been spending time thinking about the crucifixion. I read a medical report of the crucifixion today, one that I believed I heard before about five years ago, but affected me the most today. It was a play by play more or less of the physical side of the crucifixion. The torn muscles on Jesus' back, leaving it nothing bloody mess. The blood sweat, explained as being possible when there is so much stress that the blood vessels burst in the sweat glands. The actual nailing to the cross, the extreme difficulty breathing while on that cross. The lack of oxygen causing such repression on the function of His physical heart. Jesus came here to change the human heart, and in the end, the cause of His death was heart failure. We were cleansed by the blood of Jesus, the blood that pumped through His heart should pump through ours, its the least sacrifice that we can make. I have always found it hard to sacrifice my time and energy to Jesus, but if He went through all that in order for me and the rest of the world to be free, the least that I can do is spend an hour or three a day in prayer and scripture reading, that is a lot easier than going through the crucifixion that I deserve.
Traci
7pm-9pm Saturday
After almost a half hour of troubleshooting with the internet, I realized that I was becoming consumed in technological distractions, and not in Jesus. So I left the computer, extinguished all the lights and all the candles except the one sitting at the foot of the wooden cross. I cannot quiet the noise in my mind for longer than a few seconds. Although, now that I think of it, that’s a few seconds longer than I usually quiet my mind.
I read Psalm 65. Verse by verse the LORD spoke to me through David’s words. I am amazed at his promises for us.
Sjb
9:pm-10:pm
What at amazing experience for me as this is the first 24/7 I have had the opportunity to be involved in! My first thought as I look in the mirror is that God sees me stronger than I see myself, only because of his amazing grace. I feel like I constantly struggle with not being strong enough for a variety of things in my day-to-day living. I was challenged tonight to look at Habakkuk in new eyes. Habakkuk was an optimist; the kind of optimist I long to be. I feel like he gained that optimism by waiting. . . and listening. .. . .to God. God is SO GOOD. He is so good to me as he provides me all the strength I need if only I will live by faith. “Counting on God’s Rule to prevail, I take heart and gain strength.” Habakkuk 3:18
Laf
10PM 10/21/06 to 12AM 10/22/06
I came feeling sick, and was inspired to pray for those who are too sick in spirit to come to Jesus. They’re not too sick for Jesus to come to them and heal them, though. I also let the spirit lead my prayers, and He had me pray for this community and the people here who He is calling. I can’t even recall most of what I prayed. I know that God heard it and is faithful to answer. He will heal and He will call. He will not abandon this place, this town, this area, this sick and frail world. He made the world and He has rule over it all. He has all power to redeem it… to redeem us… to make us whole and well again. Praise God, the Great Physician.
Kaitie
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home