24-7 Prayer for Universities of the Palouse

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Vision and Hope

The psalmist wrote "Better is one day in your house than a thousand elsewhere." I'm excited to be back in the prayer room. God's spirit is here dwelling in this place tonight, I can sense his presence.


Some of the things that God was speaking to my heart were words of vision and hope. I've had a rough semester thus far and it seems that whenever things are rough my vision narrows and all that I can see are my own problems. God wants to enlarged our vision. He wants to show us the places where he wants to work this semester. He wants to call us into partnership with him. God wants to give us a vision that is greater than there here and now. We have an eternal God and he is able to see what lies beyond the present, and he is working in our world. God's business in our world is transformation. He wants to take lives and make them new. I pray that God would give us hope for the people we go to class with, that God could do a miracle inn their lives.

It's easy to pray for vague things. It's hard to pray for the concrete things that we're dealing with in our lives right now. Too often we lack hope. I pray that God would be giving us back our hope. Hope that our lives could be lived for God. Hope that God can change our world, and bring life and healing to the things that are broken.

The last thing that God was speaking to me was about the need for repentance. We repent of the ways that we have not put God first. Of the sins that have held us back. God wants to transform our lives, we need to give him the things that are holding us back. God we repent of our pride and are attempts to follow you in our own power.

God meet with us again in this place.

Nathan G.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home