The Pit
Last night I found myself in a place I had not been since my pre-college days. A visit from an old enemy, you could say. I had been slipling down into the pit for nearly a week, yet I refused to really see it until I had already fallen into the pit. The depression I had not known for so long had come back. Even my friends noticed my slow decline, especially the last stage before I finally realized what had happened, but by then it was too late, the loneliness, the pointlessness, the pain had taken over. I bring it before God and pray that He shall use it to bring me closer to Him as I continue to struggle with it. I pray thanks to God for patient friends that are willing to listen, even to the point of challenging you to put words to feelings that you never have been able to before. Please pray for me now as I go through this familiar yet, strangely unfamiliar battle, an up hill climb.
traci
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home