Inspirarion, Poetry and History, the Same Old Story
I prayed for inspiration in poetry yesterday (and realized I couldn't spell it). Today I thought perhaps I would write a poem. It was not God's will that I write poetry now. He wanted me to speak to him about what he has been teaching me about history. I kind of already knew it, but it wasn't something that I pondered. The dates, places, and faces may change, but for the most part it's the same old story. I've been reading a book about Irish history and it is amazing how similar the stories about the conflict between the English and the Gaels in the seventeenth century is to that of the US government and the Native Americans, there was even something like a reservation in Ireland during this time. In both conflicts one or both sides said that they were fighting for God, but their tactics make it obvious that they had gotten lost in the cause and forgotten that if they were really fighting for God it would have been about love, rather than hate.
Traci
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home