24-7 Prayer for Universities of the Palouse

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

DONE

I for one am done settling for less than God would have for me. I have given up the promises of life that have come from Jesus for a very safe and manageable faith. Maybe I am more sane this way, but this is no way to live! I have bought into an illusion of obligation, I given up my trust in the goodness of God, I doubt the intentions of those who love me, I have tried to neuter my faith. Before this week I feel like I finally accomplished what I desired, I had finally made Christianity easy.

All semester though I have longed for something more. I longed for risk. I longed to do that which scared me. When I would try though, the little voices in me would doubt the goodness of God and the validity of those who lead me. Physically, passion would bring nothing but fatigue. My soul was hungry, but my flesh was hesitant. But my soul kept me aching and at times would even win out and I would leave the game of going by the motions behind.

This week God is awakening my desire for Him. The real Him. The Creator that I read about. The Jesus that I claim as savior. I need Him. Not the neutered, safe Him that I tried to create. No, that idol needs to die. But the real Jesus.

Ezekiel 37 talks about dry bones coming back to life and living again. I am coming to life through Jesus.

I think that we all are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home