Purfume on Jesus' feet
Before coming to the prayer room, I was overwhelmed and distressed by so many things. I just wanted someplace to go to be by myslef so that I could cry and pray all of my worries, fears, and guilts out to God. All of the usual places I go to were taken, and then I remembered the prayer room.
I came and basically wept, pouring my heart out to God. God gave me the vision of just crying in His lap as He held me and comforted me. I was then reminded of Luke 7, where a "sinful woman" came and wept at, kissed, and poured purfume on Jesus' feet. I think I felt what she must have been feeling, as I knelt there crying and praying out to God. Looking it up, I was reminded of how this little story ended, and how God wanted to end my little saga as well. Praise God that He is a God of love, a God of forgiveness, and a God of peace!
This is only part of the story that really spoke to me. Look it up if you want the full thing....
Luke 7:44-50 "Then He turned toward to woman and said to Simon, 'Do you see this woman? I came into your house. You did not give me any water for my feet, but she wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair. You did not give me a kiss, but this woman, from the time I entered, has not stopped kissing my feet. You did not put oil on my head, but she has poured purfume on my feet. Therefore I tell you, her sins have been forgiven- for she loved much. But he who has been forgiven little loves little.' Then Jesus said to her, 'Your sins are forgiven. ..... Your faith has saved you; go in peace."
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home