One to a Thousand...
You ever have a time when you were sitting, whether it be in prayer, during class, or dinner, and a phrase pops into your head? Something that won't leave until you figure out the meaning to it? Well, God placed the phrase 'one to a thousand' into my head. This came as I looked up at the wall of names for people to pray for, and was wondering at the number of who were not up on that wall. As James put it:
I look at this wall of names and my heart is made heavy. I know it is good that so many are being prayed for, but I remember how many are not up there.
So, I began to think of what God wanted us to do. How I could reach the many people I knew. After all, I was just one person. How could I reach ten, a hundred, a thousand?
At this point the phrase ' One to a Thousand' popped into my head. Looking it up on Biblegateway.com, I scrolled through the list till I hit upon Job 9. After reading it, I realized (finally, or course, after being told several times by several different people) that I would not be doing it alone. God would be helping me.
And as it says on my Math Teacher's computer:
God Big. Problem Small.
Thickheaded as usual,
Greg.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home