The Lord's Call
When I came in today, I was in a really chipper mood. I was singing and all that. After I prayed for a while, I became serious. (this was probably because I was praying for the people on my floor) Anyway, as I was reminded of them, I looked up at the wall where all the names are written and I was moved for them.
I sat down to record my thoughts and this is what came out:
"Lord, the weight of their despair assaults me.
I look at this wall of names and my heart is made heavy.
I know it is good that so many are being prayed for, but I remember how many are not up there.
Again, I am reminded of your call.
Are we to leave them to their own devices?
Would we condemn them to be forever without comfort?
Did you not say that we are to make disciples of all nations?
Should we not start here and now?
What is our free time but your gift to us?
Should we not make shrewd use of it?
Let us repent of our failures, but let us not feel downcast.
The Lord uses all things for good.
With our heads held high, let us march forward.
Here we are, Lord. Send us.
-James
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home