Good Friday
Jesus died today.
How can Jesus die?
He healed so many. Loved so many. Touched so many.
The blind have seen. The lame have danced. The deaf have heard...
The dead man lived.
Yet, Jesus died today.
Jesus bled, I guess I never believed that he could bleed.
He cried. I have seen him cry, but for others, not for his own pain.
We're they right? When they said that he was nothing but another fraud? A magician using illusion and actors to bring glory to himself. Is that the Jesus I knew?
Was he just another man, trying to capitalize on the fall of his people?
No.
No.
NO!
There has never been a man like him. He healed, yes, but they way he healed. With such compassion, such a gentle touch.
And what did he ever gain? He was not rich, he had no bride, his fame was always fleeting.
People would flock to him, hoping that he would bless them, heal them or lead them. And he would do all of those things. But he never catered to them.
Thousands would follow one day, thousand would flee the next.
The Pharisee's rule with fear. They will do anything to keep people in their flock, usually by expelling the unpopular. Jesus never changed.
Until...
Until he bled.
Until he died.
He looked sad.
He was pain.
But he was still resolute.
He still refused to cater, refused to cave.
Jesus died today.
And still I follow him.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home