24-7 Prayer for Universities of the Palouse

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Shalom

I came into the prayer room this morning with a desire to pray for Shalom, both the conference and the concept (of a world that is as God would intend it to be). The Lord sent me to Isaiah 42: 1-9. This is the prophesy that Jesus reads for Himself and declares fulfilled by Him (Luke 4).

Here is my servant,
whom I uphold,
my chosen one in whom I delight;
I will put my Spirit on him
and he will bring justice to the nations.
He will not shout or cry out,
or raise his voice in the streets.
A bruised reed he will not break,
and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out.
In faithfulness he will bring forth justice;
he will not falter or be discouraged
till he establishes justice on earth.
In his law the islands put their hope.
(vs 1-4)

Thank You Jesus! Thank you for bringing this Shalom, not just for a chosen group of people, but for the world. Thank You that Your Spirit brings justice and is the ONLY source of justice. Last night I began praying for various places in the world. At first I felt silly, what could some little prayers mean to a country that is embroiled in civil war? My heart soon changed. I realized that only God can bring Shalom, can bring peace.

Oh Lord, I ask for Shalom. I ask that you bring Shalom to a world that is after its own needs. I pray that You bring Shalom to a conference that is named for that hope. That You would bring Shalom to our hearts. Thank You that You don't falter or become discouraged. We ask for that same heart, that same steadfast nature. Please Spirit, rest on us. Give us the heart of Jesus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home