Prayers for the innocent
As I was reading through Jeremiah 18 & 19, God spoke to me of how America has abandoned her roots. Our nation is like Israel when she turned from God to burn incense for unknown, worthless idols. God has been rejected so that people can serve themselves & things that previously had been somewhat unknown to the world (Does anyone know the origins of Coke-a-Cola?, etc).
Especially, my heart goes out to the innocent who are killed by their own parents every day. I speak of abortion and abused children. Jer. 19:4 says "...they have filled this place with the blood of the innocent. They have built the high places of Baal to burn their sons in the fire as an offering to Baal." I see our nation's Baal as our selves. We are so independent that we serve only our selves and what we want. I sense that women who get abortions are afraid: afraid of social stress, afraid of being inconvenienced, afraid of having to give something of themselves up. So they destroy the life God created within them. Abortion clinics are the alters at which the innocent are sacrificed to self. It fills me with such sorrow as I cannot describe. My heart brakes for the innocent.
I pray that God will not sit idle. I pray that he will hear the cries of his children and be quick to move. I pray also for forgiveness and change in my own life, that God will strengthen me to no longer serve myself but instead the One who created me.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home