24-7 Prayer for Universities of the Palouse

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

not-so-random things heard

no consistent theme came to me this morning, but what I heard is worth recording:

  • a longing for the cross to become a symbol of life to people on this campus and in this world
  • the Kingdom and the Power and the Glory are Yours!
  • watch what the Great I AM will do!
  • He is calling us to "commune with Him" in a deep and persistent way
  • He wants us to grow deep roots in him
As a side note, yesterday was the only day so far that I have not prayed at 4am. It was by far my least favorite day of the week. At first I relished the idea of actually sleeping all the way through the night, but I found that I was way less effective and focused when I slept than when I prayed. Perhaps prayer is more effective rest than sleep!

--eli

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home