24-7 Prayer for Universities of the Palouse

Friday, February 10, 2006

might as well be living on the moon

As I prayed this morning, it was if Jesus was saying to me "If you aren't fulfilling my commission, you might as well be living on the moon." If God has put us in places to affect people for him, and we aren't doing it, we might as well be out in space.
"Then Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given unto me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely, I am with you always, to the very end of the age. Matthew 28:18-20"
Then I heard this question: "I have never called you to be rich, or popular, or comfortable, or secure, yet how much time, and how much of your heart to you spend in pursuit of what I haven't called you to? What about the commission I have given you? Does it have the attention and passion of your heart?"
To give ourselves to Jesus 100% is to stand in the best, most abundant, most satisfying spring of LIFE! He made us perfectly to fulfill his great commission. Anything less than that is less than how we were made.
FORGIVE US FOR LIVING AS LESS THAN HOW YOU MADE US, LORD!
CALL US INTO REAL LIFE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home