24-7 Prayer for Universities of the Palouse

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Love

God really spoke to me today on the true meaning of love. I admit, I thought for a long time that love was simply being nice. This couldn't be farther from the truth. Being nice is usually passive. Love (to be simple) is active. It took a lot of love for Jesus to die on that cross for us.
Another facet He has shown me in His Word is that love has no alternate intentions. If you really think about it, love (in the true meaning of the word) is very hard to come by. Even if I do one of my friends a favor, I still figure they will owe me one later. Christ did us a favor at great cost to Him that we could never even hope to repay.
Other alternate intentions He showed me are jealousy, greed, selfishness, and others even more cruel. I feel ashamed to admit that I too have had these intentions. I pray that God would teach us all the true meaning of love. Speak to us, Lord, about every facet of your true love. Help us to show that on campus. Only when we show Your true love will we be different from the unbelievers on campus. Only then will they see Your Light through us.
Teach us, God.

James

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home