24-7 Prayer for Universities of the Palouse

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Love, the King, and Jeremiah

Well I still have 20 minutes left, but I got to say some stuff. As I was praying toward the beginning there were two things that came to me. First I was listening to a song that had the phrase of "waves of mercy, waves of grace" and I felt that God was saying that that is the one thing we all want and especially the people of the campus. I know that we are the ones who need to be the vessel through which God can show this to the people of the campus. Second as I was worshipping in song and kneeling before the throne and cross I got this image of the King of the universe, who created it, and me, coming down in a manner of a teenager or something along those lines of energy and just giving me a big hug and picking me up off the ground from the foot of His throne. I felt that God is well pleased with what we are doing and that he loves us.
Well that was one part. The second thing I asked God to direct me to a verse or passage of the Bible. So I thought I was hearing Jeremiah 2, and I flipped to it. Wow, the verses that really struck me were 2:13, 2:23-25, and 2:28. Read those, but think of it in modern terms as applies to this campus. Such as verse 13 "My people have committed two sins: They have forsaken me, the spring of living water, and have dug their own cisterns, broken cisterns that cannot hold water." So after reading that I was like oh yeah! that is a lot of people on campus who use things like drugs, alcohol, sex, realtionships, or any other number of things as a cistern to get their water; the problem is it keeps on breaking. We need to be available to give them an unbreakable never empty cistern of life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home