24-7 Prayer for Universities of the Palouse

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Love and Marriage

Yesterday I kept praying for people to feel the love of the One who created them. That no other love would satisfy. I thought it was just a Valentines Day prayer. When I came into the room this morning I instantly wanted to cry. It took me awhile to figure out what was going on. As God led me to pray I started praying for love again. Love. Love. Love. Love. We were created to be loved and it's no wonder we seek it in so many ways. I wept. We are so desperate to be loved we forget the meaning of it. God took me a little further. Love. Love. Love. He explained to me that He isn't a genie. "Rule #1, I can't make anyone fall in love with anyone else, so don't ask." -Aladdin. Well, it's true isn't it?? If God could make us fall in love with each other, don't you think He would make us all fall madly in love with Him? He allows us the choice and when we choose Him.... oh the beauty! I cried some more.

Then I heard the word marriage. People get married for the sake of the children they had or they have children in order to save their marriage. Have you ever been to a wedding that wasn't as full of joy as you were expecting? Love. Love. Love. The divorce rate is so high, I try not to remember the exact percentage. When people get married they say stuff like "He's the perfect choice for my first husband" or "Well if it doesn't work I'll always have the option of divorce." I've heard them said, I'm sorry if you have too. I am a child of divorce. I am incredibly grateful for my step-father who I lovingly call Dad. But I cry. Oh my how I cry over the lost love that I had in my early days. The sentiment that we have of being loved by a person is destroying us slowly. Can you see it? Am I alone in my awareness of how much this makes our Abba weep. There's the whole debate about gay marriage. Even as I write it I'm thinking "Okay, be politically correct now." Was Jesus politically correct?? All I want to say is, how was marriage created? What was it's original context? Are we living up to it at all? Why are the domestic violence statistics so alarmingly high? Are we really loving each other? Are we being unselfish in how we love? Are we praying for God to make him/her change his/her mind and make them fall in love with us? What will that accomplish??

I have a new perspective of love and marriage in our country because of my time with my True Love this morning. I pray that you would feel His love embrace you and you feel so releashed you can cry.
Love, (in the truest sense of the word)
Audrey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home