24-7 Prayer for Universities of the Palouse

Monday, February 13, 2006

I dreamed of Africa

This blog is in response to the people who have posted comments about Africa. I just wanted to encourage you with what God has put on your heart . I have been praying for others to have a heart for Africa and it seems that God has been answering that prayer. God has been placing it on my heart that He is bigger than our image of Him, He is bigger than our world view, and larger than our Americanized version of Him. I pray for miracles to happen in Africa. I also pray that we have a heart for the poor. It is said in the old testament "Feed the poor, defend the widow" more than 100 times. This is how Jesus contextualized with people. He fed, healed, loved, and defended them. Jesus is our Rabbi, we have decided to follow Him. We will take on His yoke. We have decided to love therfore we have chosen to be a part of His heart. I pray for the world, I thank you God that you are already in Africa moving. I pray that we dont pity Africa, but we find hope and justice when we think of Africa. Lord, we have hope for the people in Africa.

Dear friends, let us love one another for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 1 John 4- 7-8
Yet another post,
Jana Elizabeth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home