24-7 Prayer for Universities of the Palouse

Monday, February 13, 2006

I am the clay, you are the potter.

Before I got to the prayer room I was scared to get out of my car. Some of you might be saying, "what were you afraid of?" or "it is only a short distance from your car to the prayer room, scardey cat." I actually thought someone was following me here and that is what worried me. I made it inside safely. It was more paranoia and "an afraid of the dark" phobia that kept me in my car.
But this gave me some insight into my life and how I respond to God. I am afraid of God not protecting me and watching over me. I am afraid of him not being true to His word. I am afraid of the unkown, of what He has in store for me, I am afraid that His will is going to be difficult and that my life will not be beautiful. I am afraid that He is not there to embrace me when I mess up. Some might say I have a trust issue. These worries, doubts, and fears have hardened my heart towards him and other people. This is my prayer:
Lord please soften my heart, make it clay in your hands, you said "You I love", you want to mold us and reshape us and break us down and form us again. I pray that we become your vessels. That we do not fill ourselves with other things. We say " Come let us return to the Lord, He had torn us to pieces, but He will heal us; He has injured us; but He will bind up our wounds . After two days He will revive us; on the third day He will restore us, that we may live in His presence(Hosea 6) Lord, we are the clay you are the potter, we are the child and you are the father. Father, you Love us, please let it be known to us.
Read Jeremiah 18
I love all of you very much
Jana Elizabeth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home