24-7 Prayer for Universities of the Palouse

Friday, February 10, 2006

Have Reverance.

In this time of prayer, I can't even begin to list what I prayed for. However, in reading the scripture during this time, God showed me two things: School is out, and Now is the time to act. Now is the time to do his work. We have been trained and taught, and now we should perform. Second, that we have died to our old selves, and live again in Christ, renewed. We do not own ourselves, but God. We are merely servants, with the blessed and wonderful task of helping the creator of the Universe.

Also, I feel that some in the 24/7 prayer are doing it for much the same reason as the Pharisees. It would be better to pray alone at home, then pray at 24/7 because you want people to see you praying. I had to stop myself from signing up for more hours, because I was doing it out of pride, and not reverence. Satan was still trying to use my human weakness, even within this hallowed hall.

As John said, this is a battle. Be villigant.

Seth Turnlund

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home