24-7 Prayer for Universities of the Palouse

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Gazing on the Beauty of the Lord.

The Lord is beautiful. When I entered the prayer room, I was frustrated and angry. I was not in a posture to meet the God of the Nations. I was consumed with me, myself, and I. As I began to hear His name being adored and exalted, I was transported into a realm where the only thing that mattered was Him. It was His Glory. I had to examine my heart because I want make sure I was in posture to receive all of Him. My heart had one desire: to dwell in the house of the Lord, gaze upon His beauty, and adore Him. I am learning that prayer is just being with Him. Looking at Him. Telling Him that He is beautiful. "God, You are Beautiful!" What a honor to behold Him as He is. He is the Heavens and the Earth. And His Glory is gloriously beautiful. Gaze upon Him! Look and see the lover of your soul. The lover of His enemies and those that have no knowledge ofHim.

There were junctures that I wanted to abandon my post and leave. But I would be leaving Him. It would be easy. The watchman watches to protect the city. It is His beauty that compels me to stay. It is His beautiful presence that I don't want to leave. Let us drunk deeply of Him.

Blessings,
C. Wilson Briggs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home