24-7 Prayer for Universities of the Palouse

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Blessed To Be A Witness

I cannot even fathom what the Lord has stored for me in Portland this weekend. This is a prayer of praise as God and the Holy Spirit have been very ominous to me in this last month.

There were several roadblocks that rose in front of me the day I found out about Shalom. First physical barrier was finances. Second was internal barrier, doubting this calling to go out to Portland and my own personal inhibitions preventing me to completely commit to this retreat. Third, my family discovered that my uncle down in Texas had his thyroid removed and cancer cells were found in it; I wanted to go visit him this weekend if he was still ailing.

But one by one, God demolished each of these roadblocks. Intervarsity turns out to have a good hunk of scholarship money that hasn't been tapped into for a year or so, as Alex told me. Praise God. Cherise, missionary in China, came to our Wednesday night worship to speak and the Holy Spirit took physical form through her. Her message was basically about sacrifice and that we as growing Christians need to make some every so often. My own personal desires were nothing compared to what she gave up and so I said, "Yes God, you win." Lastly, I just found out this last Sunday that the cancer cell found in my uncle's thyroid was benign and would not be anything to worry about. Praise God again. More than coincidence, I would definitely think so.

My heart and soul and all of my senses are ready to receive whatever He has for me in Portland. I can only imagine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home